Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Friendship Tango


Ah, symphony night. Magnificent and fun. When I got off work I rushed over to D's house and got ready. I was a little colder than what I thought so I was a little colder than I thought I would be. Had a nice quick dinner, the Ex seemed distracted, come to find out he is also about as tired as I am. We make light jokes about falling asleep during the concert.

The concert starts and there is a very clear snoring that can be heard from about seven rows back from us. I can not help it, I look at him and have to cover my mouth because I cannot stifle a good laugh. That poor fellow slept the entire concert. Our seats were great and the show was wonderful. After the performance I would have to say I really enjoyed Vivaldi's Winter best, but as I think more on it, the Piazzolla stuff was just as good and interesting. Hence the tango on the blog. However, as Lincoln, NE gives a standing "O" to anything above average, when we all stood for the standing "O" and I turned around to take my seat once more, the spring-loaded death trap of a chair caught the back of my dress and gave anyone behind me quite a different type of show. Different type of standing "O", entirely. Good thing I had on brand new lacy panties (in a small, now mind you). At least, it was a sexy show I suppose. I laugh now, but I was mortified. Anyway, they are doing 'One Thousand And One Nights' in Nov and I have invited the Ex to go again. Probably going to wear a turtle neck and slacks to that one to avoid another wardrobe malfunction.

Afterwards, he suggested coffee, but I was cold and had had the approximate of five pots of coffee to make it through the day so I was not feeling it. So, I suggested a drink. Took him to Jake's. Had two small cigars and a honey Bourbon. We talked and hung out. It was fun. The bar was packed, but it was fun. I am trying very hard to make this friends thing work out. I don't really have that many (I mean any) male friends. I suppose I simply cordon them off into --yes, date and no, date --then pretty much treat them accordingly. But, I am getting better at it. I really am. We had fun. Nice platonic fun. I am meeting him on Sunday for bar food. We are headed to a sports bar. It is the last Indy car race of the season and I figured I could watch a couple of my games that will be on. Plus greasy bar food. Onion rings, nachos, cheese sticks, fried mushrooms and veggies --all that good stuff.

Today, I am doing laundry, working out, playing on the internet, playing with the dog, and just relaxing. It is going really well and I am happy to have a weekend again. The new job is still awesome, btw. :)

No comments: