Friday, March 25, 2011

Sometimes I'm an....


So, K & T came home and brought me a bottle of Moscato and a big fat carrot cake. A delicious carrot cake and an even more delicious wine. D apologized for her lack of forethought regarding having to babysit, which she did not even get paid for. So, we drank and hung out and laughed. Especially considering that Mom and sister A were supposed to go straight to the hotel room, which was kind of a relief. Kind of.

But, they didn't. They showed up at 8pm. And we had all been drinking and oddly, it was a much more pleasant experience than I have had family-wise in a while. And we talked and laughed and had a nice visit. Even when R showed up and tried to interject into the conversation about her trip to the emergency room and we all, being already fully saturated with the liquid despair of her life, ignored it and kept having a nice time.

So, I'm not angry anymore. Tomorrow, after a full day of painting, we will see if my attitude is still as content and full of nice feelings -and wine.Who knows? It could be fun.

Oh, and about five seconds ago, I got a confirmation on a coffee date for next Thursday at 7pm (secret spy cheerleaders welcome to attend, in secret of course, to cheer me on) with a hot 29 yr old nerd god.
Hoo-F***ing-Ray!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's wonderful news! You usually take care of your whole family and it's nice to see them show some appreciation. :)

Unknown said...

oh, this is actually Brewmaven...stupid email accounts switching up my name.