Thursday, March 3, 2011

I knew I should have gotten a Tauntaun instead....

Finally finished my Cyberpunk story. Started 10/2010, finished 3/2011. Dang. I love Sci-fi, but I am not sure I am that great writing in the genre. I have a couple other Sci-fi stories started, but I am never quite sure if they are good.

It's like I tell my little fan-fic friend --I would never write fan-fic because I can't write in someone else's world. I need the control. I am God in my fiction. It is a wonderful, heady feeling of power. Which can only be properly foiled with the feeling of utter powerlessness when you have a block or get stuck. Or you want to make something happen, but the rules you have already plot pointed prevent you from doing so.

I really do love Sci-fi stuff, but then you run the risk of having to develope like a whole universe and people ask you ridiculous questions like "Why would you use a lazer blah, blah, blah, aliens, yada, yada, yada, rebel alliance?" And I don't know if I'm prepared for that yet. That is why I like urban fantasy and cyber punk. Because everyone know what things are like now or were like recently. I am a lazy god.

Anyway, back to the writing grindstone. I'd like to actually finish another couple of things soon. I was writing something really good about a high school return type romance, but it is halfway done and already as many words as my first novel and that is bad --you heard me, bad. So, I dropped it until I can come up with a way to cut my verbose free writing approach. Sigh.

Then there's cover designs. I have the cover for my first book, but I want to publish the stories first so I am trying to get the covers for the stories. -Then it will be on to copyrighting, ISBNs, and UPCs. and that is all money so --on to making money, I guess. Well, paying money to maybe sell a couple copies. Gheesh.

1 comment:

BrewMaven said...

Your stories are like crack to me and I have no doubt you can be successful at this venture. Mama always said, "Awesome is as Awesome does."