Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cheering up --slightly.


So, last night I was feeling down. I know, right now, you are thinking to yourself, if you follow this blog, that I go from up to down pretty quickly. It happens to a lot of people actually, so stop thinking I'm bi-polar or something, dear reader.

In order to attempt to recover some of my ultra bruised self confidence, I stopped writing for a day and just went back and read a few things I have written, but have yet to publish. And ya know what? They were good. Really good. I finished reading, making a couple edits as I went, and felt very accomplished. They are good, they are worth reading and God damn it I am going to get this stuff published --whether anyone other then my friends and family read them is the world's stupid problem.

I've even decided I don't give a shit if I make any money doing it anymore. I'm not gonna stop and I'm not gonna let this ever depressing, ever crappy planet of people hinder me. It has taken me nearly 33 years to find out this is what I want to be doing, so it doesn't make any difference if I'm good at it right now. Things worth doing well are worth practicing. I would not sit down to a piano and expect to play simply because I love piano music. Maybe this writing thing is like that, too.

So, while I'm feeling fiery about it, I'm blogging it to ya. I shall conquer with persistence and tenacity, no matter what happens. My books are fun, inspiring, romantic, funny, and good. Someday the whole world will know. Or maybe like four people. Whatever.

That means I am back on my story again. See ya on the other side of a cover, bitches.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the look of your blog! Nice remodeling!

Anonymous said...

oops, this is heidi....maddie must've signed in this morning. ha!