Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cleaning

Okay, so today was cleaning day. I have a severe aversion to cleaning. It is not that I don't like having a clean space, but I hate (HATE) doing it. My sister says I should enjoy the end result and I do. But, my back is killing me and I am exhausted and it has only been like three hours. I still need to sort and do laundry and then put all the laundry away when it is clean. Which being a clothes horse like I am, is actually a very big task. Like a huge task.

I really would like for everything to be nice and ship shape, but getting into ship shape is not as easy as it sounds. So, I am on a break and I will start again at six or seven-ish. I want it to be nice and clean just in case my date tomorrow night goes well. Which is kind of hilarious because there is no way I would bring a guy home after the first date anyway and I would not want to walk him through where he would have to meet members of my family immediately -which would be very unkind, if not slightly creepy.

But, best to be prepared and it gives me a great reason to get it done, which it needed to be. Kristen said it still smelled a little funny from the dog, but he has not been there since October (I finally felt good enough to move out all of his things which was super difficult for me anyway 'cause I'm kind of a hoarder, kind of), so it must be some of the laundry that kind of smells, which is disturbing. So everything is getting a good bleaching. All of it. No place left uncleaned.

I just wish I had a little bit more 'spring' in my Spring cleaning, if you know what I mean.

No comments: