Friday, November 25, 2011

All Things Updated


Sheesh, sorry about the long wait on the blog. I got hella busy. Not like a little busy, crazy-ass busy. So. On Friday last, the bestie got into town and we went out. We met two rather nice gentleman and flirted for a great portion of the night. We started early so I clocked out early too. Very fun. On Saturday, the bestie and I went out and I invited out K (the Ex). Bestie was impressed by this musical knowledge and comfort level around me. We also met up with the boys from the night before, it let me focus on K and gave her someone to talk with so that was good.

Sunday, went to bed early. Monday, night to myself. Tuesday night date...now, this one is a good story. So, we were to meet at Granite City. I got there early and waited for a half hour. He appeared to be another 'no show', went home incredibly angry and frustrated. Waiter felt so bad for me that he let me take home my to-go piece of heartbreak chocolate cake for free. I get an e-mail from the guy and he asks if I stood him up? I was like WTF, you stood me up. So, called his cell which was in the e-mail, and it seems he was at the restaurant while I was, but on the opposite side and both our servers just never looked around like they said they did. So, we meet at Perkins. Talk for three hours, then go home. I get that 'dating kiss of death' the Handshake at the end rather then a good kiss or hug, which kind of sucks because he is handsome and intelligent and really just what I have been looking for. Get overly excited and e-mail him 'Swingers' style saying we should get together because I had a great time. Get a somewhat lukewarm response, then feel silly for doing it at all. Kind of give up.

Wednesday, the bestie and J came over and hung out most of the night at my house. It was nice and we had some good talking going on like usual. Told her all about my date and the ChiWeenie my sister had offered me for free that I want, but turned down because...well, for many reasons, but I still want him really badly anyway. Rather indecisive about that one, even now.

Thanksgiving, I was invited over to the Ex's. Thought it was a little strange that he wants me to meet his parents now that we are totally not dating anymore, but go anyway because I still like him and free food is never turned down. When we pull up to the house in the car he let's me know there will be a bunch of people there. Dang it. Still his family is really nice. His Aunts and Uncles are all sweet people and his parents are a damn riot type hilarious. Everyone was sweet and warm and friendly. Had a lot of fun really. Very aware I still have some residual feelings for the boy because his mom mentioned yet another Wesleyan professor that they know (this one actually plays in the symphony) who is about my age and asks if we had seen her while we were there. I played it off like it was no big deal even though I felt that momentary intense pang of jealousy rise up in my throat, but he said the sweetest thing. He very off-handly just says, "I wasn't even looking for her." It made me feel really proud, like he might only be focused on me when we go out and is a great compliment even if he didn't intend it as one. Even if we are on a shoe string budget right now, it pretty much secured that he is getting a nice Christmas present this year.

This morning. I went to bed at 9pm and woke up bright and early at 3am because it was Black Friday and I wanted to shop. Now I have no money to shop as I have a weird pay schedule, so I went out with my sister and helped her do her shopping. It was fun and she got some really good buys and we had the traditional MacDonald's breakfast at about 5am, then went back to bed and here we are...blogging again about everything. I also managed to find time to send out a bunch of Thanksgiving e-cards that I thought were all really funny. And a nice thank you card in the mail for K's parents. So, there is all that. Today I am also going to a baby shower and tomorrow begins the feeding frenzy that is My family's Thanksgiving activities. :)

No comments: