Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Very Twin Peaks Symphany


So, tonight was 'One Thousand and One Nights' at the LSO. It was a good concert. K came over early and I made him cheap food dinner, which consisted of Mac & Cheese, Chicken Fried Steak sandwich, and cheesecake dessert. All in all, not terrible food. Not great or restaurant quality food, but it's something to eat and it won't kill ya. After dinner, he loaded a program on my laptop so I could watch the AVI files he sent me, one of which is the 1980's movie 'Gothic' which I have not seen in years and is one of my very favorite movies. I'm excited to finally get to watch it again, as I all but stole it from my video store when I worked there eons ago, when VHS was THE format.

The symphony was excellent tonight. Very powerful and lively, with some great performances. There was an rythmless old boy behind me that kicked the back of my seat the whole time, but hey, whatever. The second half of the concert there was a guest pianist, whose name was Mark Markham. Poor guy getting a name like that. He also had frilly pretentious pianist hair, all cut for theatricality and movement while he played quite passionately. It was a difficult piece and he did admirably. And he was at the Lied, so he got a standing O like usual. No pantie shots this time as I had planned a better outfit than last time.

But, this fellow was particularly interesting in the fact that he looked very much like the guy from Twin Peaks, Kyle McLaughlin. Dead Ringer, in fact. So, in the car I asked K if he had enjoyed his very special Twin Peaks concert and he bursts out laughing and agrees with me that he did look just the same. It was very, very funny. We laughed and laughed about it. I also told K that I was planning on bringing him out with me and the bestie on Saturday night. I think it would be good for him. Plus, who says 'No, I simply can't hang out with you and your equally hot and fun girlfriend.' No one, that's who. I haven't made a plan yet on what we are doing as we sometimes just play it by ear, but I know that both my bestie and my Ex-BF will have a great time...oh, and I will absolutely have an awesome time. I hope it will be as much fun as tonight was. :)

1 comment:

Brewmaven said...

Word 'em up! Get your party pants on, H is coming to town! :D