Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Scoundrels and Skanks


Okay, so work went badly today. Consider it was four months to get a bad day that is not too bad at all. However, the ridiculousness that made my day bad was insane.

I went to the bathroom at around 9 am. Took a pee and washed my hands. This troll woman came in and used the same stall after me. I go back and show my friend at work my new cool slap watch which is very cool. Then on the way back to my desk, I get called into my supervisor's office. He asks me flat out, "Were you smoking in the ladies restroom?" I think he is joking as 'Smokin' in the Boys Room' starts playing in my head. He shakes his head and I realize he is serious. OMG. What? No, I would never, ever, never do that. He then discloses that HR rec'd a complaint that I was smoking in the restroom. I was aghast. Offended, totally taken aback. It's a baldfaced lie. Someone went to HR and told them a LIE about me, for no reason at all.

I am nice to everyone in my office. I always say 'hi' and smile at everyone. I was so angry I was shaking for the half hour after that. So, now I get to go talk to him tomorrow to see if this will effect my probation at my new job. I am not totally worried about it as my supervisor said he believed me, but considering how much of an OA I am work, it is killing me that someone would do that. I also flat out told him that I would never use that restroom again...I will walk to the other one in the main hallway as I didn't want to share a restroom with someone who would make up hogwash about my activities in the restroom and report them to HR. I've never had a complaint against me at any job I have ever worked at...ever.

I have put on a brave face about it and went through the rest of my day pretending I wasn't intensely hurt by it. But, I was. I want to believe people are good, but every once in a while I am reminded that most people just want to tear you down so they feel better about themselves and that is a tough one. So, once again tomorrow I will attempt to remain dignified and professional in an office that I now feel is out to get me. I also will need to make a decision about how I want to handle the recent meetings we have been having to discuss the unprofessionalism of the team this Troll woman is on, as I now know that she has a 100% chance of retaliating against me, which includes falsifying complaints against me. I have up to this point been very vocal, but believe that I may now need to back down...at least until my probation is over which is the end of May, as it restarted when I got promoted. I don't like it, but what I do like is my job and if that means I go straight to my cubicle everyday and talk to no one for four months...then that is what I damn well do.

No comments: