Saturday, January 14, 2012

Given Them the Axe


Well, after some rather strange radio silence yesterday, which drove me so bonkers I just turned the computer off and did other things. It was best for me really. I needed to give time for them to react anyway. Reactions take time, patience, an observer's keen eye.

So, after giving a hard needy tug (per my tug-o-war metaphor in the last blog) on the ropes this is what happened....the Ex-friend immediately tugged back in the form of not one, but two e-mails, one of which was an offer to hang out. Totally positive, he always is. The sweet Nerd Prince always right there for me emotionally. From the other two nothing.

So, to force a reaction, I sent e-mails this morning...in essence cutting the f*cking ropes. Because the Queen was tired of suffering their tepid reactions. It was time to throw down. Now, this is the really interesting part. Mr. Counter (finally got a new nickname for him as he is a calorie counter hardcore) being in only the first date stage, simply dropped and ran. That's what he professed to be good at...running...so enjoy that. He was pretty, very, very pretty, but not off the scales gorgeous and not half as smart as the Nerd Prince by any means. So, I simply tossed his rope aside and watched to see what Mr. EU/PA would do. Well, one minute exactly after my e-mail goes out cutting him loose, he runs over ties a knot in the rope and hands it back to me, in the form of an e-mail back with a nice invitation to meet next week as he has been 'very busy' (which means dodging me while I was on the rag and scary). Hmmm, well, it was a positive, not a super positive, but well, not the reaction I was expecting from him either.

However, a rope in each hand is doable. These two seem to have me split in equal but opposite directions anyway. Perhaps there is no perfect 50/50. Still, there is a gentle foreboding in my mind, someday I will have to chose one or the other. I already know which one it would be. Do you, dear reader? But, for now, I give each of them just what they have asked me for, and give the rest to the other. It's still giving all I have to give, so there is satisfaction in it, a contentment in feeling somewhat powerful, somewhat in control in a land that there is not control only delicate balances of power teetering precariously until someone falls.

*Update: Mr. EU/PA came back with some kind of weird, I missed that first e-mail and now that I have it I don't want to talk to you anymore bullsh*t. So, f*ck him. I cut him loose again. I don't need that drama. You want to play head games...well, enjoy doing it by yourself. I don't play mind games, I win them. And your match just ended.

No comments: