Sunday, January 22, 2012

Best Deal Ever


Okay, I have been a bargain hunter for quite some time now. Really, I fight the crowds on Black Friday with pride and vigor. I look at sales, accessing my needs, my budget, and what is available. I don't buy loads and loads of frivolous things, but with my weight loss I have been picking up things here and there that do fit so I can mix them in with the large amount of things that don't fit.

Today we went to Old Navy as they were having 50% off all their adult clearance. I figured with the budget being very tight right now that I could spend exactly $15 or less, if I found anything at all. With Old Navy it can be kind of hit and miss on finding things I like, some of their clothing is just meant to be trendy and cheap and last you one season -as opposed to the Gap where I find classic pieces and pay a bit more for them because they last several seasons. My sister had hit the dress section while I looked through for tops that were all a bit too this or that or whatever. I kind of wandered over to find that almost all of the dresses were $6 or less. With an extra 50% off that meant most of them were then $3 or some of them were $2. I picked up SIX new dresses. Six of them for $15, the cheapest came out to be $1.50 at the register.

When I got home. Two of the dresses are silky and super static-y, plus the fit was odd and not flattering. But, then a super soft cotton, purple maxi house dress (this one fit in a SMALL). And score, blk jersey t-shirt dress with belt, cute, good fit, work appropritate. Next, blk jersey keyhole halter dress, great for slutting it up in the summer, fit perfect, very flattering. And last but not least, ruffly tiered maxi dress cream with big blk flowers on it, super feminine. Not my usual taste and too long --so I cut it (the tiers hide the cut so you can't even tell), as it was only a $3 dress, into a super cute short dress which shows off my legs and is perfect for both work and play. OMG, shopping orgasm. It has never been so damn good. Thank you retail therapy. Gimme, gimme, gimme.
 
I should have looked in the men's clearance for K, but I would not have had any dinero to spend on him anyway, as I blew my wad on six new dresses for me. Oh, and a heart pounding game today!! Patriots are in the Super Bowl, BABY!! Woohooo!!! The Raven's played well, and it was pretty close, but I am so glad they won. I love you, Tom Brady, fucking love you!!!

No comments: