Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Night At The Movies


Okay, so Thursday night was dinner and a movie with the ole flame K. Dinner was nice we ate slow but still finished like an hour before the movie. So, we visited the evil empire for some coffee. I had a full flavor cinnamon dolce latte. It was fabulous. I haven't had one in nearly a year. Whipped cream and all it as heaven in a cup. And the Ex-friend was wonderful company, I can talk to him about almost anything, very nearly everything.

We went to see Mission Impossible 4. It seemed like the real mission would be to enjoy the movie. Behind us sat an older guy who seemed to be eating sunflower seeds the whole movie as he made this horrible sucking sound with his teeth ever ten seconds, however this was when he was not loudly stating the things that were happening on screen. "Oh, it's a sandstorm!" or "That chick is hot." Yeah, I get it, I paid to watch it like everyone else you are severely annoying. And if things could get worse they did. A couple came in at the same time we did. This dude verbally brow beat the woman with him the whole time. The nicest thing he did for her was watch her purse while she went to the restroom, which he loudly announced he would do. He laid his coat over a seat two seats away from him and proceeded to put popcorn in the seat next to him. This awful buffalo of a man, actually did a very well mannered thing --he did totally say, "Excuse me." when he farted quite loudly in the middle of the movie. I think I nearly threw up. It was appalling.

The movie was however, not terrible. There were parts that were amusing and funny. I just had almost the worst theater experience ever. When we got out. I just ranted to K  who also had some choice words about these movie ruining hooligans. We listen to 'Pumped-Up Kicks' in the car on the way home and told each other how we would love to shove a whole bag of sunflower seeds down that guy's throat or simply pop a cap in the big gross buffalo guy's stupid face (he even turned on his cell halfway through the film, so there would have been plenty of light to do it.) Sit down, shut the f*ck up. I paid to see this too, damn it. If I were one of my heroines, I would have leaned over and snapped that guy's neck. I know his wife would have thanked me on the way out. Dang.

No comments: