Sunday, January 1, 2012

Liar's Poker


Okay, so ya know what Liar's Poker is? Well, for those of you that don't. It's shuffling, dealing one card to each player, the player then places that card on their forehead so everyone else can see what you've got, but you won't know what you've got. So, the Queen of Hearts there and the Queen of Clubs have no idea they have queens, but I know. Of course, I have no idea that I have a five of diamonds, but I know the probability that I have something higher than a queen is fairly slim. It's about trying to read everyone else's reactions to your card, learning tells and examining facial expressions carefully. However, after as much as I had to drink.....it was mostly about giggling and remaining vertical.

I had a really great New Year's Eve. The Ex and I were to go bowling with the roomies, but they didn't really feel like bowling. So, we went out to dinner at Backyard Burger, which was really good and has a great atmosphere. Then made a quick trip to Target where we picked up some tech stuff and liquor. Then my special Nerd Prince came and hooked up my HDMI, which looks amazing and helped me buy a proper Sandisk for the new tablet, on-line. After that, we hung out with the roomies and played poker.

My sister could not stay up past 10pm because she had to work today, but she is always so much fun. After she went to bed, I hung out with the guys until like 2am. We drank, played poker, listened to music and joked around. It was a lot of fun. Actually it was super fun. We did shots at midnight and 1am. Honey bourbon and cake vodka, both excellent. Almost, finally, done with the bottle of bourbon I bought in November. The boys played a bunch of metal...which is just not my favorite kind of music at all, but there was a great deal of varied songs played, and sung and danced to last night, so I can't complain too very much. It was nice to just hang loose with friends. K seemed to have the most luck last night, but then again beginner's luck is always nice. By the end of the night he and T had most of the chips.

At the end, I dragged the Ex up to my room and let him sleep with me. It was nice to have a boy in bed, they are warm and I like to hear someone else breathing when I wake up intermittently in the night, it's comforting and let's me know I can go back to sleep. I'd really kind of missed that, so it was sweet and really very nice. Plus, we all knew the cops would be out in force last night and that driving anywhere even a little wasted would very easily ruin your life. Lesson learned, just stay where you are and go to sleep. We're a safe place, so it's never a problem to stay and a good way to wake up to start the new year. I hope everyone had as good a time as I had. :)

No comments: