Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sock Monkey, That Funky Monkey....


So, what do you get the girl who has everything? How about an extra cool sock monkey hat! My smoke buddy, J, from work, gave this to me today for Christmas. I only got her a card, but she said she is one of those people that when they see something that reminds them of someone they just pick it up and this reminded her of me. I must kick alot more a$$ than I had at first realized if people see sock monkeys and are reminded of me. Or anything really that reminds them of me. I find that to be an incredible compliment.

Also a fun story from work today, so another of my smoke buddies tells me her kid made up a new word. This child could not decide this morning if she was cute or beautiful...so she finally decided she was 'cutiful' (pronounced cute-if-ul). I have decided to pirate the word as I have been looking around for years to find where I fit in on the beauty scale and think that this is it. I'm not totally beautiful....but, I am on occasion squarely quite cute. So, I think it is cute with a little womanly 'umph' added to it and that is what I am. Cutiful. I think much as the word 'awesome' went from actually inspiring 'awe' (as in the awesome power of a deity) to simply meaning the coolest thing ever, used as nearly daily worn out slang, that this word 'cutiful' will indeed catch on and become common place. I think it's perfect for describing those ageless Asian cuties all walking around looking cute, but not quite reaching beautiful. See, it already has a niche.

I also received all three of my de-motivational posters in the mail today and I am totally stoked to put them up in my cubicle. It looks like I will also have to bring in my other LOMA designations as a couple of co-workers caught the director in there, while I was gone, snooping in my cube looking at stuff. It is pretty darn cool in there now, but when I'm done...damn, it is going to be the place to hang out.

Still going hard on the Christmas spirit and as of tomorrow my family will all be in town. I am trying to rest up and I am going to wear my Tom Brady jersey tomorrow for some extra luck. I'm teeth chatteringly excited about presents, not to be materialistic or anything, but I love to see how wonderful and thoughtful everyone's gifts always are and I hope mine stand up and say 'Hey, I Know and Love YOU!', like they should. I very hopeful about it. It makes me wish I had more to give. :)

No comments: