Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Ninja Star Wars Mechanized Pirate Sci-Fi Magic!


Hey, blog kids, what's up? Oh, me, I'm doing well. Going and going like usual. I'm really glad I got that last blog off my chest. It feels good to have it out in the open. I dislike secrets, although I still have some. They wear upon the soul, making holes in the fabric of me.

I am full of Christmas anticipation today. I have been cultivating this feeling since I was a kid. That giddy, heart-pounding joy that wells up in you when you run down the stairs on Christmas morning or sneak down early morning with your siblings to take a peek. As I get older I can make this feeling last longer and longer. It really is little more than letting your imagination go and hoping against hope for everything the world can possibly offer you. Impossible dreams that you secretly wish  into possibilities. Another part of it is a repression of my jealousy reflex and my great striving to be grateful for things people do for me, to me, with me, --just for no reason other than they too are good people. It is really making this holiday season go very well for me. I have all next week to be b*tching and disappointed, so I'll just put that all off until then. Right now, comedy is queen and everywhere around me is Carnivale. I've been dancing around in my underwear and feeling good, which should honestly happen more often, but simply doesn't.

I had a really nice time out last night with the Ex. I have no idea if he read yesterday's blog or not. I really don't. We had dinner. It was fun --he's funny and sweet and tries to explain to me some of his tech stuff, which just blows my mind how smart he is. Then we went to Shopko and looked around for Christmas cards that I could give out at work. I also got some very 'me' My Little Pony sticker to put on them and they went over really well today, btw. When we got in the car, he starts singing the My Little Pony theme song (well, what he knows of it). I don't think I have laughed that hard in a very long time. What a guy. What a special, awesome person -it also blew my mind just a little, as well.

I would also like to recognize the bestie right now. She had a member of her family turn on her like a rabid animal. I would really like to take him out and shoot him like Old Yeller, but as this is not an option, even to protect someone I care about as much as I care about my best girlfriend, I simply had to support her and try to make her feel a little better. However, she is handling it...pretty well, with the grace and poise of a real lady in the face of having some pretty terrible things said about her. I hope most sincerely that things start to improve for her. Anyone who says there are no double standards in this world has never had to live as the other half and there are things men can get away with easily that when done by a woman have horrible, degrading consequences. But, she, much like me some days, is a fighter and will eventually come through stronger for having made her choices for herself.

Ah, so, there is the day. Now to sweatpants and snuggling in warm with a smile on my face -ready to do mail for the rest of the year. Ha, ha.

No comments: