Saturday, February 25, 2012

Day At The Museum...


Went to the Joslyn Art Museum today. We went to see the Egyptian exhibit on loan from the Brooklyn Museum. It as really cool, but there was no photography allowed, so we took some pics around other places in the museum. It as all very cool. I love the art museum. I love any museums really. Much fun was had by all.


Sister was one of the driving forces behind the trip to the museum as she really, really wanted to see the Egypt stuff. However, she also appreciates Renaissance art like the painting of St. Michael there which is also very cool. We got postcards of our favorite paintings this time and I got a little Bastet figurine to protect me, as Bast was the goddess of joy and protector of women. She is also thought to be the eye of the moon according to the tag on my little cat statue. I have put her right behind the laptop so she can watch over my dating escapades as I could use the help...and a little bit of joy in that area, if she has the time.


Ah, speak of the devil Bast is supposed to be keeping an eye on, as well, K had a lovely time perusing the art with great prejudice as you can see in the photo. Right now, he is thinking about how grateful he is that breasts never go out of style and I am thinking more men should take girls to the Art museum because that is a perfect way to get laid. Then we look at each other and pretend we are just 'friends'. Super.

Ha, I am joking. He got back on the dating website this week too, so the real news ticker on that one is that we really ARE just friends. That was what made me so mad/sad and prompted my pity party blog earlier this week, in case people were wondering about that one. Sometimes losing things in reality prompts big changes in my world of fantasy --it was a wake-up call I knew was coming, but didn't want. Such is life.

I threw a quarter in there. I'll give you one guess what I wished for. Should be pretty plain by now. I've also got an old cat goddess working on it for me now too, so we shall see.

I'm joining a yoga class on Monday. Not that the figure looks bad in this pic, but it could look better, tighten up those abs and lose the extra arm weight and I'd be pretty close to my perfect. The rest of it is muscle plain and simple and I will need that if I'm gonna break off a piece. Also, kind of funny and cute. Got a rather quick e-mail from S, which was nice and typically trite, but the fun part is that when it gets warmer he has offered to teach me to play racquetball. I think he finally punished all the old guys at his club so much they won't play with him anymore. Plus, with his tennis elbow maybe he needs an easier opponent, like this girl. I am one huge sports blooper reel waiting to happen, but I'm excited about it anyway. Work and other stuff is coming along well. I wanted to see K again this weekend, but he is going out with the guys tonight and tomorrow he is working for a friend, so it looks like I've been pushed to Monday night. Attitude is back on the way up, which is nice, so this week should be really positive.

No comments: