Sunday, February 19, 2012

Dates, Frozen Yogurt, and Paying For It


Okay, so this another catch up blog...because laziness really only leads to more work when you get to it finally. So, Thursday night was a date with S and Friday night was a date with K. Both went really well in my opinion. They are both splendid men in each of their own unique ways. However, neither of them fell in love with me on said dates. S even mentioned that he had a date with a new girl on Friday, which has kind of bothered me ever since, but I'm trying not to be weird about it. He hasn't even e-mailed or texted, so as much as he was a lost cause before, I feel doubly so about it now which makes me sad. He was just starting not to be an a$$hole to me all the time too. Dang it.

On Saturday night I got a strange craving for berry flavored frozen yogurt. So, I called my go-to-guy K and begged him to take me for yogurt. And amazingly, he just came and picked me right up and took me. That guy is fantastic. Just want I wanted, right then. It is then no wonder at all, that I must remind myself once more that he is not my boyfriend and calling him like he is is rude and bad. I must not do that again. Sigh.

Also been chatting with a dude on the dating website, however, he is overly pretentious and even admits he is somewhat arrogant (which he is in spades). Mr. Poet And He Knows It, would be his title as he is a published poet and performer. Although the conversations have been interesting, they leave a bad taste in my mouth. He even had the audacity to say that my conversations and dating profile came off as 'very lonely. Which must be difficult'. So, I explained how I am not overly desperate or lonely and am a well balanced human being who did not need to be told that. What an a$$. So, I will probably not e-mail him back.

This series of conversations prompted me to....pay for it. Yep. I got on one of the paid to see profiles dating websites. I bought a three month subscription. I am not incredibly excited about that, but from my milling around and creating a profile, this seems to be where all the 30-45 yr old males seem to be for the purposes of dating. No wonder I was getting copious amounts of e-mails from kids. So, we see where this leads us. I am trying to be more positive about it. But, I hate the fact that I had to give in to paying for it. And the number of people that are on the pay site and on the free site is stunning, like everyone has a dual dating profile with the same pictures, etc. It makes me feel shallow -and desperate and lonely.

I'm just in a weird place mentally today, I suppose. Today's playlist, in order to up the positive a bit:

Tonight is the Night -Outasight
When The Lights Go Down -Grace V
Princess of China -Coldplay ft Rhianna
Keep Your Head Up -Andy Grammar

No comments: