Thursday, February 17, 2011

One True Love

Yeah, okay so I was saying yesterday that I have become overly cynical and thought that romance was 'done'. But, I realized I have had one love that has always been there for me. Loyal, comforting, delicious. That's right, God damn it, it's MacDonalds. Ever since my first french fry I have been in love with him. Yes, old MacDonald you may have had a farm, but you slaughtered all the tasty animals on it and served them to me smothered in special sauce and MSG. To win my heart with the poetry of silly songs and catchy slogans, while subtly reaching your hand into my pocket -for just a little money. My dirty, filthy love. I crave thee late in the night and you open that magic sliding window of love to offer me bounty. You serve me with a bigger straw than any other fast food restruant has ever thought of offering so I can suck down a large fountain Dr. Pepper and get another refill of your sweet love. This morning to reward me for getting up and in the car before noon, you offered me not only two sausage burritos, two hash browns, and a pop, but whispered in your smooth Barry White timber, "Hey, why not go for it, get the big breakfast, as well, you naughty thing." And I blushed reaching for my wallet. Yeah, just this once it will be okay. I've been working out. The magic food screen flashed at me a message that said. "Yeah, I can tell you work out, you look awesome, Baby." Yeah, MacDonalds, I will always love you. No matter what. Thanks for loving me back in a fat, fat way.

No comments: