Sunday, April 15, 2012

Dating Danger!


Okay, so to clarify, this resilience thing gets easier the more I do it. Plus, this last one was really kind of expected, so not bad at all really. I was in a bad place when I went to bed, I'm in a better one having gotten some sleep on it. Not a big deal. Still no communication at all, of any kind, from Mr. English. Still doing okay. Awakened to tornado sirens last night and went to the basement with the roomies. House is fine, I am fine.

The interesting part was that about 11:15pm I got another e-mail from Mr. No Show. It was a second invitation for a meeting of some kind at a hotel across town at nearly midnight. I got it on the phone as I was in the basement hanging with the roomies. I kind of laughed and told them this was the second one and T pipes up, "It sounds like he's married." Hmmm. Now, I thought they were creepy and weird, but I had not considered at this point that that was a very good reason for his never showing or doing this kind of thing. I totally bet he is married. Yuck. It also occurred to me that it was....dangerous. Like a less smart girl or girls who are, in fact, desperate for love and affection might have actually just jumped in the car and headed to the Country Inn to be smacked over the head and sold into white slavery. Luckily, for me, I am neither. Although, I will admit it is flattering and in the mood I was in -it was kind of exciting and a bit tempting. That is what shall ever be known as the Dating Dangerzone (thank you, Kenny Loggins and Archer).

The Dating Dangerzone occurs when a normally smart, practical girl falls into the traps of dating. If you really love yourself, the way you should, that will eliminate 75% of dating pitfalls immediately. There are still some clever holes that might catch you, but for the most part your friends will warn you way before you fall for them. Boys lying is inevitable and unavoidable so they make up the other 24%, along with the slim chance you can lose yourself and go relationship blind. But, dating dangerzone is when you make a decision knowing it's stupid, not what normal people would do. No man who loves you would try to lure you for a first date to a hotel. None. Those are bad men. No man who loves you would ever alienate you from your friends or family. No good man would abuse you verbally or physically. Good men never take without giving something back to you. Bad men make you less, but a good man makes you more.

While the Dating Dangerzone can be exciting (that's for you ladies who love the bad boys), eventually it will put you down, in some manner. They say love is a game --in games there are winners and losers, that is just how it goes. If you're losing, be smart enough to walk away from the table before you lose something important, so you can come back and play again. Sometimes you get lucky, but really it is just better to play smart and learn as you go. With that said, I would really like to get lucky sometime here soon. :)

No comments: